St John's & Cowgatehead Church
St John's & Cowgatehead Church was only open for 40 years before it was closed, turned into a hall, and more recently a clinic. It was founded in 1861 on the funds and request of the deceased William Whyte from Edinburgh. It was closed not long after 1901 as to be frank, there was no need for it. The church was built in the Gothic style with an octagonal entrance tower. It appears that it was used as a church hall once closed for worship, although we couldn't actually find a date that it was consecrated. Then later it became a clinic and now here it stands alongside many other gothic structures giving off the general spooky vibe Edinburgh is known for. We wish we knew more, but like others that have been converted into other things, history has been lost and with so many different churches it is no surprise! Haunted: 2/10 Worth the visit: 5/10 Giftshop: n/a Ghost count: 0 Dog friendly: Yes DISCLAIMER: Now for the official bit. This blog does not receive any p...